This city of 1.2 Million inhabitants is the largest in Uganda and the capital. Situated on seven major hills, several areas command fantastic views of the surroundings, including Lake Victoria. Kampala is the political and commercial hub of Uganda, and the people are friendly and communicative. It is easy to move about the city centre and, surprisingly, the visitor does not need to be overly concerned about security. Expansion is rapid and new clubs and restaurants open regularly. A guided tour will point out the highlights including Kasubi Tombs, Uganda Museum, Parliamentary Buildings, Nommo Gallery, National Theater Craft Centre, Owino Market, Kabaka’s Lake, Kibuli Mosque, Bahai Temple, Namirembe Cathedral, Namugongo Martyr’s Shrine and Makerere University.
After a city tour, we recommend at least half a day for shopping and exploring on your own. This will let you meet the friendly indigenous people and get a true feeling of life in a large African city.
End of safari.
Package Cost: kindly inquire by E-mail (cost depends on the number of people travelling and the season of travel)
- All park entrance fees
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Transport based on a private tour van safari vehicle with pop up roof for game viewing
- Driver allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Game drives as per the Itinerary
- Government taxes
- Extras at the Banda/camp i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Local & International flight fees
- Departure tax
- Tips to porters and drivers
- Personal Insurance
- Entry visas