Highlights: This is a full day excursion from your hotel or beach resort starting after breakfast and ending in the afternoon with a lunch break back to your hotel.
Gedi Ruins Tour
Gedi Ruins is a 12th Century Swahili village that was mysteriously abandoned some 600 years ago due to unknown causes. It is now a National Museum, and the ruins are heavily overgrown with beautiful indigenous forest trees, baobabs and tamarind. Well worth a walk and a visit. Look out for Syke’s Monkeys, and the Golden Rumped Elephant Shrew can also be seen here. A quiet, careful look in some of the old wells can turn out the odd owl, too.
Kipepeo Butterfly Project TourRight at the entrance to Gedi Ruins is the Kipepeo Butterfly Project. This innovative project is aimed at giving the forest edge communities opportunities to get an income directly from the forest, by live breeding the unique butterflies of the Arabuko-Sokoke forest, and sending them to live butterfly display centers around the world.
Lunch will be at your Hotel or Resort.
Cost: Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
Package Cost Included:
– Transport in a private safari minivan with open roof for better viewing and photography.
– All entry fees.
– Services of a professional English-speaking tour guide/driver.
Package Cost Excluded:
– Tips and gratuities lodge staff and driver-guide.
– Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
– Any other item not included in our itinerary including extra excursions.